Sunday, 12 July 2009

brighton and birthday

sorry its been a while since my last post, but so much has happened since my brother came home! the last week i've been in brighton at a conference, which was awesome...really really good :)

we went for walks on the beach and did some shopping in between meetings. the shopping in Brighton is AMAZING. no jokes. its a really good mix of designer, vintage, individual and highstreet. i fell in love with a brand called people tree, its an ethical clothing store with some simple shapes, with organic, fairtrade materials. check it out, its gorgeous.

my friend took this picture of me in front of the brighton pier, the old one. i kinda like the funky close up angle, but i have realised how much i dislike my old sunglasses. it has been my personal mission for the last week to find a new pair i really like (ones without prescription lenses).

and then i had my birthday, which was a fun time. i was so tired from the week in brighton though that i was a little cranky (not usual for me. i'm not good with being tired.) i had a couple of friends round in the evening and we watched "bride wars", entertaining but not amazing.

then i watched "from dusk til dawn" today, which is an amazing movie, with a totally unexpected twist. watch it if you haven't seen it and are in for some hilarious horror comedy :)

yesterday i did a little shopping and found my new glasses. wayfarers, in fact, from john lewis. and i bought this shrug from republic. my necklaces were a birthday gift from an incredibly fashionable friend of mine.

2 comments:

  1. The outfit in the second pic looked ultra comfy and casual and yet chic at the same time :) me lovesss!


    xo,
    black|coffee|crumbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the camp was awesome!
    I really like the look of that shirt dress.

    ReplyDelete