Wednesday, 30 September 2009

i'm stuck

I've been stuck these past few weeks without a working camera. How much does that suck? So, instead of taking lots of beautiful photographs of the things I bought on my trip round the world, you will just have to wait patiently whilst I talk about what I am currently doing with my life...

So, now is definitely a good time to tell you all how much I appreciate you reading this, and for following me too. It makes me so happy!

Some of you will have some sort of an idea who I am and what I do, but I reckon most of you probably don't really have much of a clue. So, let me fill you in.

I graduated university a year ago now, with a degree in Drama Studies. After finishing I went and got some experience teaching in schools, where I realised that I hated yelling at kids. Not so good for an aspiring teacher. Ok, so rethink. How about some one-on-one maths tuition, yep, tick, I can do that, start up a new business! So, I've been tutoring maths for the past year now, and I love it. It's so much easier telling off one child at a time.

Then I thought how awesome it would be to become a beauty therapist. So, I've been taking a class for the past 9months, and am learning about all things to do with beauty, skincare....I've got a few more courses to go, before I can get my certificate.

Since I've come back from round the world, I find myself hopelessly short on cash, which is sad, but true. So, I've put beauty course on suspend until I can afford to continue, how depressing is that. Anyway, in the mean time, I'm taking on a few more students and building some websites, to keep me busy during the day. Check out www.fashion-questions.com and let me know what you think! Some lovely bloggers have been kind enough to answer questions for the site, which are really interesting :)

I'm keeping busy at home, trying out new things, and setting goals for the future. Working from home does take it's toll on you though. It's incredibly difficult to keep motivated. It's like writing an essay or doing a paper in your bedroom vs at school...so many things to distract me, and my phone never stops ringing. I don't have my own office, so I sit at the dining table trying so hard to write something and just generally work, but it's not always so easy.

Hopefully I'll have a working camera soon, so you guys can see all the amazing things I bought round the world. Plus, I'm working on some sewing projects which I'm eager to share with you guys (has anyone else ever tried to recreate an urban outfitters skirt?)

Keep reading...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment