Wednesday, 7 October 2009

for the love of chanel

The Chanel Show Spring Summer 2010, Paris, watch it on Youtube...the models come out of a giant haystack, with gold twigs in their hay, Lily Allen comes out of the ground to sing, and there's a little model mayhem in the hay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8otjTStvmIE

i saw this yesterday on my phone, and i had to stop everything i was doing to watch it (twice!). what an amazing show! they are always spectacular but i never thought i would want to wear every piece in his show...but literally EVERYTHING in this show is amazing. here's some of my favorites, thanks to http://www.style.com/:

this show makes me want to:
- draw little chains on myself with eyeliner
- paint my nails with OPI's 'You Don't Know Jacques!'
- wear tweed all winter
- find a pattern so I can attempt to recreate a Chanel jacket, given there's no way I'll ever be able to afford one in the short term...
- buy and wear some amazing tights
- drape black lace on everything
- learn the art of the elegant messy bun
- pile matching bracelets on my wrists
- dye my hair blonde
- get black ribbon and attach it to all my clothes

1 comment:

  1. Chanel is not my cup of tea stle wise (personally, though I do recognize the genius of thier work) but the whole haystack thing was pretty damned inspired! What a fun show!
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete