Thursday, 26 November 2009

giving thanks and my obsession with toast

I wanted to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all of my blog readers! it means such a great deal to me :) at this most appropriate time of year (even though we don't have thanksgiving in the uk) i hope you are all feeling super thankful for awesome things that have happened in your life this past year...

my thanks list is fairly endless, but here are a few of the things i am thankful for:
  • my awesome family. who keep me strong and level headed
  • my fantastic friends. who make it ok for me to be me
  • my health. which although its been dodgy, is ok now and is always improving
  • my life. there are so many people i know who have lost relatives and friends this past year, and i am so thankful that i am still alive and my closest people are too
  • the weather. this may seem a bit odd, but i love the english weather in all its beautiful changes! today we've got a beautifully sunny day after many weeks of rain, and i can really appreciate how magical such a clear day is
  • good food. oh this year has been filled with amazing and delicious food experiences, i am thankful that i have been able to enjoy new food and enough food to keep me well and happy
  • animals, especially cute little cocker spaniels, actually this year i finally realised i quite liked cats...which was a definite step in the right direction i think
  • money. this year i've whined a lot about money, but when i think about how much i've had access to, in order to do all the amazing things i've done, i am massively grateful!
  • opportunities. i live in a country where i am able to choose to do what i like as a job, i am not restricted to doing one thing, and actually have difficulty choosing what career paths to take
  • fantastic music. this year i've started appreciating classic fm, loved Snow Patrol no matter how samey their songs are, and enjoyed playing with Shazzam on my iPhone

that's just a sample of the things i am thankful for. but there are so many!

and now, i want to share with you a company that definitely requires more attention than i think it gets. i first found out about this company when i was about 15 when a brochure fell out of my new copy of vogue, and then a few weeks later when i complimented my art teacher on her awesome outfit, to which she said it's toast.

Toast is absolutely stunning, it's got this simple, classic design with quality fabrics. it's snuggly and warm, and perfect for winter, and i just want to wear everything in every catalogue. oh and did i mention they have a home section too (divine!) they deliver to loads of different countries, so its definitely worth taking a look at their full range. but here's a delectable sample:

well i hope you all love toast! i'll hopefully be posting soon with some outfit pictures! today i'll be going for a swim at the gym and scanning in thousands of old photographs to use as christmas presents...and finishing by going to see the turning on of the christmas lights in my home town and drinking a milkshake. i hope your days are equally lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment