Thursday, 30 April 2009
This has been a personal mission of mine for so long. Although I am quite slender, I always reckon I have a fairly big bootay...so hotpants are a no go, and most shorts are a little too tight around the back, hmmm, not attractive.
Anyways, so as I am short on money as well (like the pun?) I thought I would have a look on ebay, as I figured it was probably a good time of year to find shorts there. And I was right. I always like it when that happens!
There were hundreds of pairs of denim shorts in a 10, like loads. And several of which I actually would consider wearing too! I bid on 3, and won 1. Woo!
Anyways, so they are the most amazing fit ever. They are in dark denim, which is going to continue looking stylish forever, and are so well fitted at the back I can't even describe. Hey well I'll try: there's a sewn in panel at the back so that it actually is fitted for someone with curves, plus its got more fabric at the back than the front, so it actually finishes just at the top of my thigh under my booty.
Plus its got a cute zebra print inside, studs and pocket details that are subtle, not in your face. And the material is really soft cotton denim, not hardcore at all.
I hope there'll be loads of photos of me wearing these on holiday in a fortnight....stay tuned.
Friday, 24 April 2009
alissa loves by alissaevelyn featuring Kate Moss jackets
I am a huge fan of Kate Moss jackets from Topshop, I have last seasons navy jacket, and am longing after this 50s black version!
I am also currently trying to work out what outfit I am going to take with me to New York this year...its so exciting choosing something to wear. But so daunting too; after all NYC is the world capital of fashion!
What I have decided is to make sure I have something comfortable to wear for the first day of sightseeing, and then to shop for new outfits for the other days. A little risky, but I would rather buy more in NY than buy before I go.
Friday, 17 April 2009
Wednesday, 8 April 2009
This is kind of to be expected, I only hope we see a little bit of sunshine at some point! Thats why its usually better to go ABROAD on holiday, where sunshine and heat is slightly more guaranteed...! I am so sure that we'll still have so much fun :)
So my packing essentials for this holiday are:
- a raincoat - one I bought in Topshop last year, its got a waist drawstring and its dark navy blue. I don't reckon raincoats are ever going to be sexy, but this comes pretty close.
- Caudalie grape water - I can only hope it comes in the post today, so I can actually have it for holiday. This is so nice to spritz whilst travelling in the car for ages, or after having been sat for ages.
- Chocolate Raisins & Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans - Snacks are super important, especially when there is so much rain. These are my favourite things to nibble atm, I just can't get enough!
- Herbal Teabags - I am just recovering from a cold, so it's super important to have some non-dairy drinks available on holiday. Nettle, peppermint and chamomile are my current favourites. Yum!
- Next Skinnies - my new skinny jeans from Next fit so perfectly, I won't be leaving the house without them packed in my suitcase!
I hope you all have a fantastic Easter! Don't eat too much chocolate...;)