Friday, 10 December 2010

fashion is subjective.

first a definition of the word 'subjective':
belonging to, proceeding from, or relating to the mind of the thinking subject and not the nature of the object being considered


the thing about fashion is that - it is what YOU make it. you can't and should not criticise other people, because their fashion is their own, and therefore when you criticise their fashion choices, you criticise them too. fashion is incredibly personally, after all it is an extension of yourself.

the point of the wonderful online fashion world, is that there are many different people expressing many different views, and it is our job to read and enjoy them, and take little bits of inspiration from everywhere to create our own look.

with that in mind, i have created a couple of videos about my favorite blogs out there, and thought you all ought to know! the first was created summer 2009, and the second was autumn 2010...i hope to keep creating this sort of video, to let everyone know about the wonderful inspiring blogs out there ♥





and i've probably mentioned this before, but there's a wonderful Q+A section on Fashion Questions with interviews from some awesome fashion bloggers - a great place to find new people to watch...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alissa,

    First of all, I'm going to send you an e-mail soon apologizing about the question I asked on Formspring. I had asked you about your thoughts on beauty blogs after I stupidly let others bring me down.

    I felt really bad having asked that question since I wasn't sure how it came across. I am really, truly sorry if I upset you in anyway.

    In any case, I totally agree with your sartorial philosophies and cannot wait to see what your creativity has to offer!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your preaching "style is subjective"-I definatley agree with that. Watched both the videos,and found some new blogs to follow,so thanks for that ^.^
    Sofie
    p.s You have a lovely accent(I'm from Yorkshire,so I'm not used to such a clean English accent)

    ReplyDelete